Frequently Asked Questions
[FAQ] About Registration and Signing In
I haven't received the registration e-mail.
If you didn't receive our registration e-mail after you registered your information, it may have been filtered as spam. Please add the domain [ebookrenta.com] to your contact list. If that fails, please try to register with another e-mail address.
I forgot my password.
Please click "Request Password" to request your password.
I can't sign in.
- Error Message "Invalid Password"
- Error Message "Invalid E-mail Address"
- There Is No Error Message and You Are sent to the Home Page
- Your password is filled out automatically
Error Message "Invalid Password"
If the email address you entered was correct, you may have entered an incorrect password. Please make sure you have entered the correct password. If you have forgotten your password, please click "Request password" to request it.
Error Message "Invalid E-mail Address"
You may have mistyped your e-mail address. Or it is possibile that you signed up to our site with a different e-mail address. Please check.
There Is No Error Message and You Are sent to the Home Page
If you are using Internet Explorer, you may need to change its settings, or adjust the Windows clock.
Please take following steps to Change Internet Explorer Settings:
- From Internet Explorer choose "Tools" and then "Internet Options".
- In the "Internet Options" window, click the "Security" tab.
- Below the "Security level for this zone" area, click "Default level" and then click "Apply".
- Then, click on the Privacy tab.
- Below Select a setting for the Internet zone, click "Default level" and then click "OK".
- Close the "Internet Options" window.
Please take following steps to adjust the Windows clock:
- Right-click your PC system clock.
- Click "Date and Time Properties".
- Adjust "Date/Time".
- Click the "Internet Time" tab.
- Select the check box "Automatically synchronize with an internet time server" option.
- Click "Update Now".
- Click "OK".
Your password is filled out automatically
Please take the following steps to reset your autocomplete settings:
- From Internet Explorer, choose "Tools" and then "Internet Options".
- Then, click on the "Content" tab.
- Under the "Autocomplete" zone, click "Settings".
- Click "Delete AutoComplete history".
- In the "Delete Browsing History" dialog box, select "Form data" and "Passwords". To clear web address entries, you must select the "History" check box, which also deletes your browsing history.
- Click "Delete".
- Click "OK" and close the "Internet Options".
- I want to know why my credit card won't work.
- I want to know about the security of my card information.
- I want to change my credit card.
- I made a mistake and want to cancel my ticket purchase.
I want to know why my credit card won't work.
Below are some common reasons for users being unable to make purchases with their card on Renta!.
- Your credit card spending limit was reached.
- Your card has exceeded the maximum number of payments allowed in a given period of time.
- You cannot make online payments with your card.
- Your card doesn't allow automated billing.
- Your card doesn't allow international transactions.
Your credit card spending limit was reached.
If this is the case, use a different card, or ask your credit card company to increase the spending limit.
Your card has exceeded the maximum number of payments allowed in a given period of time.
If this is the case, use a different card, or ask your credit card company to increase the maximum number of payments you can make.
You cannot make online payments with your card.
Use a different card, or ask your credit card company about enabling online payments.
Your card doesn't allow automated billing.
Ask your credit card company whether they allow automated billing. If they don't, use a different card.
Your card doesn't allow international transactions.
Renta! is based in Japan. If you cannot make international transactions with your card, you will not be able to purchase manga from the site. The solution is to use a different card or talk to your credit card company about enabling international transactions.
I want to know about the security of my card information.
Renta! uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting customer information.
Credit card payment is dealt with by a payment agency.
At Renta!, we don't store customers' credit card information for security reasons.
I want to change my credit card.
The first way:
- Sign in to Renta!.
- Go to the ticket purchase page.
- Selecting the number of tickets you want.
- Click "Use different card from last purchase", and input your details.
The Secound way:
- Sign in to Renta!.
- Go to any product page.
- Click "USE CASH"
- Click "Edit credit card details and buy", and input your details.
I made a mistake and want to cancel my ticket purchase.
Please be aware that you cannot cancel your purchase and we cannot give you a refund after you have completed the payment procedure. Please make sure to confirm the details of your purchase before you complete the payment procedure.
- Do I have to pay to use Renta!?
- Why don't some manga have a 48hrs/unlimited option available?
- Can I read manga in Japanese?
- Can I recommend a manga to be put on the site?
- How can I find out when the next chapter of a series is coming out?
- Will my tickets disappear if I don't use them?
- The viewer just stays blank, and I can't read any manga.
- I can't rent novels.
- I can't download novels to the app.
- An error is displayed when I try to access Renta!, saying "sni hostname mismatch error".
Do I have to pay to use Renta!?
Yes. Although there is a small selection of free manga available, you need to pay to read the majority of the content on Renta!. This is because Renta! is a completely legitimate manga store. We get the permission of the artists before selling their work, and a portion of the money from each manga sold goes back to them.
Why don't some manga have a 48hrs/unlimited option available?
The pricing of each manga is decided by the publisher. Sometimes they decide to release a manga with only one option (either just 48 hours, or just unlimited). When this does occur please understand that it is not our decision and we cannot change it.
NOTE: If you want to know about option details, please read Help: You can choose your rental period.
Can I read manga in Japanese?
Japanese language manga cannot be bought on the English language site. If you wish to read manga in Japanese, you must create a separate account for the Japanese language site.
Please be aware that there is absolutely no English language support for the Japanese site, so everything (including the registration process) must be carried out in Japanese. Also, any tickets you may have in your account for the English site cannot be transferred to your account on the Japanese site.
NOTE: If you find yourself being automatically redirected back to the English language site (or vice-versa) please try deleting your browser's cache.
Can I recommend a manga to be put on the site?
If there is a manga you would like us to put on Renta! feel free to let us know via the opinion form, which can be found at the bottom of every page on the site. However, please bear in mind that if it is not released by a publisher whose manga we currently sell, then it is highly unlikely that we will be able to provide your suggested manga in the near future.
How can I find out when the next chapter of a series is coming out?
You can find a rough schedule for all upcoming releases on the "Upcoming Manga page". Please be aware that everything on this page is subject to change, but it should at least give you a rough idea of when something will be coming out.
Will my tickets disappear if I don't use them?
If you do not purchase or use any tickets for three years, your balance will be reset to zero.
The viewer just stays blank, and I can't read any manga.
If you use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, your browsing data (cache), may be preventing the viewer from displaying properly. Please use another browser, such as Chrome.
I can't rent novels.
Internet Explorer 7 and other outdated browsers are not compatible with the novel viewer. Please use one of the following browsers to read novels.
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
- FireFox 3.6 or higher
- Safari 5.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 10.0 or higher
- Opera 11.1 or higher
Please go to your browser's Help section to confirm your version and update it to the latest version if necessary before reading novels.
I can't download novels to the app.
You cannot download novels to the old version of the app. Please install the latest version of the app and then try downloading novels once more.Android app install page iOS app install page
An error is displayed when I try to access Renta!, saying "sni hostname mismatch".
The following browsers/OS do not support SNI, and therefore are not supported by Renta!. If you are using one of the following combinations, please update your browser/OS or change to a different one.
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox (below version 2.0)
- Google Chrome (below version 6)
- Windows Vista or newer
- Internet Explorer (below version 7)
- Mozilla Firefox (below version 2.0)
- Mac OS X (below version 10.5.6)
- All browsers
- Mac OS X (version 10.5.6 or above)
- Safari (below version 3.0)
- iOS (below version 4.0)
- All browsers
- Android (below version 3.0)
- All browsers